Family portraits are a great way of capturing unforgettable moments with your loved ones. These are the moments you’ll cherish for a lifetime. Hence, it’s important to pay attention to every little detail to make this time a lot more memorable.
It’s vital to make sure every family member chooses an outfit color that suits them best. The best colors for family portraits are the ones that match your family’s personality.
To make your next family session unforgettable, we’ve shortlisted some colors and tips you should follow for your family photographs based on the surroundings and seasons.
Best Colors for Professional Photographs
When it comes to professional photographs, you can choose a few colors to set the right tone. Follow the tips mentioned below to choose the best colors for a professional family session:
- If you’re going for a more formal studio photoshoot, black and other dark colors will be perfect for it.
- Avoid using patterned colors since they can be distracting. They also look too casual for a professional shoot.
- When it comes to dressing children, make sure to pick a comfortable outfit with light colors, such as sky-blue or cream.
Best Colors For a Family Session Outside
If you’re planning for a family session outside, make sure you follow the tips mentioned below:
- If you’re planning for a family portrait session on the beach, wear lighter colors like white or tan for the best portraits.
- Neutral colors are always a safer option for outdoor photoshoots.
- You can also pick bright colors since they add personality to your photos. However, make sure you don’t wear colors that are too bright or distracting.
- If you’re planning to have a winter-themed shoot, wearing coordinated family sweaters can take your photoshoot game to the next level.
- Though matching is great, make sure your entire family does not look the same, with everyone wearing the same colors with different shades.
Best Seasonal Colors for Family Portraits
Seasons also play a crucial role in selecting the colors for your family portraits. Whether you’re planning for a photoshoot in summertime or fall, make sure you choose the colors according to the seasons.
Best Colors for Spring
For a family photoshoot in spring, wear the following colors to enhance your look:
- Soft yellow
- Mint green
- Light gray
Best Colors for Summer
Summer comes with many color combinations and dress codes. Here’s what you can wear for family photshoots in summer:
- Royal blue
Best Colors for Fall
For a great family photoshoot in the fall, try wearing the colors mentioned below:
Here are more blog posts in different locations in Toronto both outdoors and in-studio showing why you should hire a photographer to capture your beautiful family.
Wearing colours according to the season and surroundings is vital for fantastic family portraits. Wearing colours that are too distracting can actually make your photos look all over the place. Though wearing your favourite colours for a family session is fine, you can make your photographs look more attractive if you follow the tips mentioned above.
HOW TO BOOK
There are a few ways you can book. You can book right online using this tab which leads you to my online booking calendar. However, not all available dates are on that calendar so if you need a different date, send me an email! You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Anchor Studio Photography specializes providing a full service experience that starts with booking your session and ends with getting beautiful tangible heirloom products being displayed in your home. My style of soft, candid and timeless photos can be seen in all my maternity, newborn, child and family portraits in Greater Toronto Area, including Oakville, Mississauga, North York and Richmond Hill. If you are interested in booking a portrait session for your family, you can click here to book your session. I am now booking sessions for summer 2022, so don’t hesitate to get in touch soon!
#Summerbeachphotos #torontobeachportraits #torontofamilyportraits #torontofamilyphotographer #torontofamilyphotographers #torontofamilyphotoshoot #torontominisession #torontochild photographer #torontophotosudio #torontominisessionphotographer