The majority of newborn sessions that I do take place in my clients’ homes especially since the start of Covid 19. As much as I love studio, posed images there’s something special of capturing your new baby in their space and your cozy home. Below are my top 5 reasons why you should consider having your newborn session take place in your home.
- Baby lifestyle sessions are more candid and playful vs posed and always hoping baby is asleep. Your toddler can run around more and be playful in their space. If this is your first, then we can focus on all the experiences that new parents go through and document them.
- You don’t need to pack up and get in the car. For an in-home session, the stress gets reduced when you have everything you need at home and I come to you for your session.
- Having a session at home means we can capture your family spending time in the home that you decorated and made cozy for the arrival of your kids.
- I can help you pick out your outfits right there on the spot. This is something I can do with you prior to your session on a separate date, or on your date before we start shooting!
- I can see your home in person and make recommendations for where to hang your prints and products from our session – from the frames going up your staircase to the open spaces above your couches and fireplace.
Lifestyle sessions are relaxed and great for capturing that loving connection between you, your tiny baby in your arms and with their siblings. In-home lifestyle sessions are perfect for newborns as well as older babies too. I travel to your home and do a relaxed 1-2 hour lifestyle session in your cozy home.
Do I still help pose baby – YES I do What you get is a mix of both posed and candid, documentary style and portrait photography in your own home. This style uses natural light and avoids using props or backdrops. At most, I usually tend to bring with me a flokati rug for some top-down images of baby and their siblings.
It is highly recommended to make a tentative booking around your estimated due date, at least 3-4 months in advance of your due date. Once your baby is born, you can contact me and we will arrange a suitable time and day for your session. If your little one has already arrived, don’t worry, you’re not too late! Please contact me as soon as possible and I can try to schedule you in.
I’d like to think that choosing us here at Anchor Studio Photography makes you feel that you’ll have such a great time with me and that we’ll get to capture the memories of your family as they grow in the years to come. If you want to find out more about our sessions, packages and pricing, just click here to visit our website.
Here are more blog posts in different locations in Toronto both in-studio as well as in clients for in-home sessions showing why you should hire a photographer to capture your beautiful family.
HOW TO BOOK
There are a few ways you can book. You can book right online using this tab which leads you to my online booking calendar. However, not all available dates are on that calendar so if you need a different date, send me an email! You can reach me at email@example.com
Anchor Studio Photography specializes providing a full service experience that starts with booking your session and ends with getting beautiful tangible heirloom products being displayed in your home. My style of soft, candid and timeless photos can be seen in all my maternity, newborn, child and family portraits in Greater Toronto Area, including Oakville, Mississauga, North York and Richmond Hill. If you are interested in booking a portrait session for your family, you can click here to book your session. I am now booking sessions for summer 2021, so don’t hesitate to get in touch soon!
#cakesmash #torontobabyphotographer #firstbirthdayphotos #firstbirthday #torontochildphotographer #torontochildphotographer #torontochildphotography #torontophotostudio #familyphotos #familyphotographertoronto #cakesmashtoronto #anchorstudiophotography #torontocakesmash